Much of the longevity and performance of your commercial roof will depend on your choice of material. You’ll want to pick one that’s already been tried and proven to deliver superior and lasting weather performance. One of your best options is EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) or rubber roofing. But how exactly does this particular option benefit you? ABM Services & Renovations Inc, the premier roof replacement company in the area, shares what you need to know.
1. Extreme Durability. Rubber roofing is tough, meaning it can take on whatever the weather throws at it. Compared to its counterparts, it’s less likely to crack due to fluctuations in weather and temperature. This ensures your commercial property can remain safe and intact against the harshest elements.
2. Low-Maintenance Performance. You can only expect little maintenance from rubber roofing because it’s impervious to most weather damage. In fact, the most you can do for its upkeep is to have it repainted with acrylic every 10 years. And in case it does form leaks that will require roof repair, the work is generally simple and fast.
3. Great Versatility. Rubber roofing installation can be done in different ways. These may include ballasted, fully adhered, and mechanically fastened. Because of this fact, rubber roofing can be applied to virtually any roof surface.
4. Improved Energy Efficiency. Regulating your property’s heating and cooling needs is easy with rubber roofing. With its insulating properties, rubber roofing can reduce heat loss by trapping the energy inside your building. If you choose a light-colored rubber roof–which can reflect the sun’s excess heat–you can keep your property cooler and more comfortable.
5. Eco-Friendly. Rubber roofing uses materials made from a blend of recycled tires, sawdust, and slate dust. At the end of its long service life, rubber roofing won’t contribute waste material to landfills because it is fully recyclable.
When installed by a trusted roofing contractor like ABM Services & Renovations, your EPDM rubber roofing can last up to 30 years or longer. We have the necessary experience working with this exceptional material, and will make sure its installation is done perfectly right the first time. We proudly serve the areas in and around Atlanta and McDonough, GA. Call us today at (770) 282-3700 or fill out this contact form to schedule your roof evaluation.