Your roof is one of the most important parts of your home. It protects you from bad weather, helps maintain a comfortable indoor temperature and plays a big part in your home’s overall beauty and curb appeal. Unfortunately, no roofing system is immune to problems.
In today’s post, ABM Services and Renovations discusses five leading causes of premature roof failure and how you can prevent these issues:
- Subpar Materials – A roof made from low-quality materials is not going to be able to withstand the elements as well as a top-of-the-line roofing system. When investing in a roof replacement, it’s worth spending a little more on a higher-quality system to avoid the need for premature replacement.
- Botched Installation – The quality of the roof is only as good as the quality of the installation. This is why you should only entrust your roof replacement or roof repair project to experienced professionals.
- Bad Design – If the roof isn’t designed properly, it won’t be able to shed precipitation and other debris properly. Make sure to consult with a knowledgeable roofer in your area who can advise you as to what type of design would work best for your home’s structure and your local climate.
- Harsh Weather – Extreme heat, rain, wind, or snow can cause a variety of issues that can shorten your roof’s service life. While you can’t control the weather, you can take preventative measures to improve your roof’s resistance against the elements, such as investing in regular maintenance and scheduling a roof replacement when your system is nearing the end of its service life.
- Color – Wearing a black shirt on a hot summer day can make you feel uncomfortably warm, and the same is true of roof colors. A dark roof will absorb more heat, making the home heat up more quickly, while a lighter-colored roof provides much better energy efficiency.
To learn more about our roofing services, contact ABM Services and Renovations at (770) 282-3700. Alternatively, you can fill out our contact form to request an estimate. We serve Atlanta, GA, and nearby areas, including McDonough.